Monday, August 24, 2009

.[Ramadan Kareem].

sneaking up on me i had no choice
but to jump right in
i anxiously await that feeling from a year ago
it didnt hit me until it hit me
a rapid punch to the gut
emptiness is finally inside
weakness in my hands
tick-tocking adjustments to get acclimated
the staggering first steps to move on a path
feelings i thankfully wait a year to experience
and i think to myself
~this is nothing compared to~
and i carry on, focused more than before
eventually even the score against time

Ramadan has begun and i am going to be starting my 3rd day of fasting
much more than simply depriving myself of food and water for 14 hours
i am making this month a time really home in on myself
as well get a glimpse, just a small minuscule taste,
of the horrific lives some individuals are battling through elsewhere

a cleansing of the mind&body&heart

some things i am giving up for this month:
Sodas
Cursing
Junk Foods
Drinking
Smoking

some things i am consciously working on during this month:
Patience
Empathy
Forgiveness
Honesty
Responsibility
Selflessness
Love

my focus is on this.


i may not be a believer in religion
but Ramadan is something i will keep sacred and use every year
to feel for others
and keep true to myself
i am happy to say it is just the beginning




-a spiritual atheist-

1 comment:

Muslim Wedding Proposals said...

Ramadan Kareem to all Muslims in every corner of the world.

Are Zero Interest Credit Cards Halal?